Tuesday, October 9, 2012

For a little while

Things haven't changed too much on the home front.  Just another month.
 I did get my records from Doctor Idiot. Didn't raise my opinion of him in the slightest, actually dropped it down a few notches.  Part of why the HSG hurt so bad is I had venous intravasation.  To put it simply, the oil was forcing back into my veins and immediately the procedure should have been stopped.  Using oil in this instance can lead to death by cardio myopathy.  Thankfully I am in shape and did not have a horrible reaction.  It also noted filling defects which can be fibroids or just air pockets, but no way to know without an ultrasound (that was canceled due to Doctor Idiot).  So the multiple reassurances that I did not have fibroids was B.S. they have no clue if I do or don't.  October 15 can't come soon enough to meet the new doctor.  I have my fears of course, after the experience we had with Dr. Idiot, who wouldn't?

As far as baby making goes this month, it doesn't look so good.  My poor husband has piriformis syndrome which when inflamed can pinch the sciatic nerve.  By the time the pain meds hit and the muscle relaxers, I had no luck.  I was kind of sad, I had a particularly strong ovulation this month and I'm not sure I didn't release 2 eggs.  We have slight hope, so maybe the nights I spent awake because my estrogen was through the stinking roof were worth it.  We'll find out at the end of the week.  I'll probably test on Saturday morning, but maybe before then on Friday, we'll see.  I'm just not going to hold my breath.

I've been running my little tail off, the previous weekend there was a race that wound through through the service roads of the cane fields in the pouring rain.  Let's just say this was not an easy race by any stretch of the definition and taking my shoes off to better grip the mud was not a good idea, about 1/2 mile into this barefoot adventure I hit nothing but mud and gravel.  Gravel alone would have been tolerable, but when paired with mud it hits you in the oddest places, right up your arch.  I'm a glutton for pain, however, and this ranks up as one of my favorite races all time.  It could have been the rain, I love running in the rain!  When I first started running, and was fostering a hound dog, we went running twice a day and at that time, it rained every stinking day, totally 28 inches in 3 weeks.  It was always just rain, no lighting so it was perfect.  I try to this day to get out and run in the rain if I can.  About a 2 months ago we had a front come through and just drop rain for 2 days.  One of those I was at work, however, the other was a weekend and I just went out and ran 8 glorious smiling miles.  Someone even commented on my smile at the stop sign.  I was just happy to be running, to be free, to feel the rain.  This past weekend I ran 6.6 with my neighbor on Saturday (his longest run to date) and 3.5 on Sunday, following up with 4 miles of aerobic intervals last night.  Tonight, I'll run a quick, easy 2 and tomorrow, intervals, then rest for my weekend of insanity.  Coming up this weekend I have a trail 10k on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday.  Should be interesting to see how I feel on Monday.  I know I can do it and I feel really good right now, my legs were loose and free last night and with the added freedom of the trail on Saturday, they should feel great on Sunday.  Maybe it's finally my time to beat 2:20...  Been trying for too long now.

The other thing I look forward to on 1/2 marathon weeks is the food!  Lots of food, and all carbs!  Yummy!!!  This will be my first gluten free 1/2 so we'll see how that goes.  I have found some great recipes to supplement me, one in particular is pancake cups.  They are wonderful little bites of goodness.

GF Pancake cups:

1-cup of GF pancake mix
1/4 cup of brown rice syrup, agave, or honey
1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk
1 egg
Fruit or breakfast meat of choice.

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix everything but the fruit/meats in a bowl.  Fill an oiled cupcake pan (or use the liners) 3/4 full of the mixture.  Once the cups are full put the fruit/meat in the center.  I use 2 blackberries or 1 strawberry/pancake, so not to overwhelm them.  I also use frozen fruit so it takes a smidgen longer for mine to cook.  Recommended cooking time if not using frozen 12-15 minutes, if using frozen fruit, 15-25 minutes. You can eat right then with maple syrup.  Freeze or put leftovers in the fridge.

All I did this past weekend was cook and run.  It was a good weekend.